Thursday, January 15, 2009

A hodgepodge really...

Tonight's one of those nights where I want to write something... something that is worth reading. But for some dang reason nothing really worthwhile is coming.

Except for the fact that I think I found one of my new favorite movies. I saw "Ghost Town" last weekend for the first time, and tonight I wanted to convince my friends how amazing the movie was... so yes, I went for the second time in one week. It's THAT GOOD. I cried--twice. It's one of those funny movies that also has a message to it... maybe comparable to "Dan in Real Life" or "Stranger Than Fiction." Also, the soundtrack is incredible. Anyway, the point is go see it. It's worth the three bucks at Blockbuster, or even better, the $1.25 at Movies 8 for you Provo-ites.

Also, I found my new favorite song. For anyone who knows me, even a little bit, this is a BIG deal. Music is my breath to each day... its seriously how I get through most things in life, no matter what it is. I was in my friend Spencer's car last weekend and it came on. "Shadowlands" by Ryan Adams stopped me in mid conversation. I went home and bought the album on iTunes. It's an oddly comforting, beautiful, mellow, and incredible song that I have had on repeat ever since. I would include a video for easy listening, but the only YouTube version cuts out the best part--the last two minutes. So please, take my words as being truthful and valid, that this song rocks and spend $1.08 to download it off iTunes. You won't regret it.

Meanwhile, life is really good. I feel really blessed and lucky to be where I am, interacting with the people I interact with, and learning the things I am learning. It's kind of an awkward interim period of my life as I am in the middle of two really big things, but I know I am here doing what I'm doing for a reason. It will be exciting to see exactly why someday. Isn't hindsight the best?

5 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

Ohhh! I love that Movie too! Chris and I went to see it in theaters back awhile ago and were SOOO pleasantly surprised.
You make me want to go see it again!

Hayley Marie said...

That was so much fun! I'm glad you talked us all into going to see it too! I'm even more happy though that you happen to have all the songs I love from that movie on your ipod... classic!

Kat said...

I love Ryan Adams.

Lillian said...

And I am glad you've stayed so we can go snowboarding together...!!!

Unknown said...

dear camille,
I don't think i got to congratulate you on graduating. Congratulations!
What are the two big things you are inbetween?
Your post is uplifting. I'm about to go listen to it.
Anyway, I think you are a wonderful woman.