Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Events...

I write this sad tale from the desktop computer at my work.

Why would you do that, Camille? You have your own laptop! Well here's why:

Today I was leaving work and walking to class and ran into one of my favorite people in the world. She gives incredible bear-hugs. I guess she loves me so much that her squeeze broke my computer LCD screen. I didn't discover this till I open my computer in class and find a blank white screen with a big black spot that looks like ink. Tear.

So now I am in the market for a third party company that won't charge me an arm and a leg for repairs. I bought the computer on sale for $800 -- HP wants to charge me $700. YEAH RIGHT! So if you smart computer people have any recommendations you would be my new favorite person. A wanted position I know...

4 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

BUMMER!
I wish i could help... but no siree!
And you've got me very curious who is "bear-hugger" is.

Bruce said...

Ooh. That bites. A lot.

I don't have any repair suggestions, but in the sad event that you need to recover your data off the hard drive, I could definitely help with that.

Good luck!

B said...

oh sad...remember our computer screen how it was broken for like 8 months and we never fixed it? Want to know why? It's because everyone I called or talked to basically said anytime you break an LCD screen it's not even worth it to fix, you might as well get a new computer. That majorlly sucks! Who is this overly nice friend anyway? This is yet another reason why I don't hug...:) (just kidding, but seriously, I don't actually really like hugging friends).

Unknown said...

ohdear! she broke your lcd screen? Dang gina. Call around to electronic stores and see if they have any "returns" or stashes. Goodwill or DI (when pigs fly I know) or go up to Cougar Comp and see if they have anything laying around. I am trying to conjure up Brett here can you tell? :) good luck chica!