Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Done and done.

I did it! I ran my first half marathon ever! I'll be honest -- it was a really hard race, and my crappy knees started failing me... but I finished. I'm actually pretty proud of my time considering the heat, the course, my knees, first race ever, etc. I'm really glad I got to be a part of such an exciting event, and that I got to do it with Brittney.

We had fun driving down together and camping at the best spot ever (I'm actually being sarcastic -- I learned how much I utterly LOATHE camping grounds). But it was fun, so much so that she has somehow convinced me to do a second one. I just barely signed up for the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon that is on April 18th. I guess racing IS contagious...

7 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

congrats, what an accomplishment!
This is an accomplishment i can almost guarantee i will never achieve myself.

Kat said...

Yes! I'm so proud of you. You never cease to amaze me, friend!

Unknown said...

What was your time gurl?

rach said...

dude. you are the man.

rach said...

lunch.

Annie. said...

Congrats! I wish I could have seen you down there - no such luck.

Elyse said...

Way to GO!!! I'm so proud of you. I could NEVER. And we need to do lunch soon! I am going to CA this weekend, but Lauren and I want to get together with you next week :)