Monday, June 23, 2008

Alarm Clock Woes

So I think I have this disease that, no matter how hard I try, anytime I have a "big day" coming up I will sleep in.

That moment when you finally wake up, it's like you already know. You don't even need to look at the clock. There is this indescribable panic deep inside because you know you slept in. I think that may be one of the worst feelings in the world.

I have never been that much of a morning person. OK, let me rephrase that, I have a REALLY hard time waking up. In high school when I had to get up for early morning seminary, I had three alarms. Yes, count them, three alarms. One was next to my bed blaring some radio station, another across the room with the annoying "beep beep beep" we all hate, and if you can believe it one in the bed with me (a stuffed animal named Willy that vibrated and yelled "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake up!"). You'd think any normal person would jump out of bed with such an ensemble. Nope, not me. I would continue to sleep as snug as a bug in a rug until my mom would come down. It became our morning ritual: me sleeping soundly through 3 incredibly loud alarms and her walking down the stairs 15 minutes before I was supposed to be at the church yelling for me to wake up.

Well, I left home and had to teach myself to wake up. I really am pretty good most of the time--that is, except when it really matters. I cannot count how many planes I have almost missed. I can often be seen practically sprinting to early morning classes when I have a big presentation or something. And I almost slept through a final last semester if it hadn't been for a most divinely inspired phone call.

So, that brings me to today... my first day of work. After some incredibly fast scrambling around and help from my beloved grandma, I ended up making it on time and had a wonderful, slightly long, but wonderful first day at PwC.

And that is my story.

6 comments:

becca said...

camille has a blog! hooray hooray hooray!

becca said...

also, i slept in on the day of my ACT.

Unknown said...

haha...I LOVE you! Cracked me up. And congrats on all your accomplishments! Stick in San Fran--ouch. I would bite it for sure.

Caitlin said...

so it turns out you and robbie have more in common than just a love for the beatles and coldplay..... talk about ALARMS!!! I keep telling him, "if you just get up with the first one, you don't have to set so many!!!"

I miss you back here in the good ol' salt lake. I hope you are loving every moment of it!

g.lock said...

go camille! welcome to the world of blogging. hope frisco bay is treating you well.

Angela McLaws said...

If I could I would come to San Fran with you and wake you up again just like the good ol' seminary morning days! Thank goodness for Grandma. I miss you and am so proud of you. . . you're doing great. Sounds like Sunday was quite the day as well. You'll never want this fun summer to be over!!