Friday, June 20, 2008

Hello world!

Allright. I caved in. I created a blog.

After months of being pressured by friends, I gave into good ol' blogspot. Although, I have to be honest... I'm surprisingly really excited about doing this.

I am starting this crazy big, incredibly scary, yet awesomely exciting new chapter in my life this summer. I am now coming to the close of my first week at PricewaterhouseCoopers, the company I am doing my internship with this summer. Formalities aside, I like to refer to it as P dub, like a friend or something. I am in LA this week for training. It's been long and kind of boring, but I managed to throw some fun in there and made some good friends. It's exciting to be a part of this company that I know is incredibly respected and successful--I just hope I live up to the expectations!

At 1:00 today I am leaving Hollywood boulevard and catchin a plane to San Francisco!! Now this is where the scary stuff really starts. For some odd reason I am really nervous about this. San Fran is HUGE! I am from good ol' Spokane! I don't know ANYONE besides my grandparents/aunt and uncle. So I'm just supposed to show up to some ward on Sunday and meet people? Umm... Ok? To some, my little plight may seem superfluous and invalid, but everyone has their things to deal with. So anyway, those are my fears. Yep, they are out there for anyone who reads this.

But no need to worry guys--I'm actually really stoked. I know that it will all work out and that there is a reason I am in San Francisco. It's going to be awesome! I'm excited to explore the city and meet people and eat things and have fun and work hard and do taxes (yes, I'm excited for this) and make money and learn a lot.

To end my rambling and probably the longest first blog that blogspot.com has ever encountered, stay tuned for my adventures in the city by the bay!!

6 comments:

Angela McLaws said...

Love it Camille. Watch out San Fran--here she comes! Love you and thinking of you often. . . Mom

Kristy Carpenter said...

YAY!!! Welcome to blogdom! Warning: blogging becomes addicting! But I'm so glad that I can now keep up with what you are doing with your life! Love you tons and good luck at PwC this summer!!

Amanda Jones said...

I am so EXCITED!
Also you are a great writer, so you blog is going to be fun to read.
Good luck in San Fran, you have a right to be nervous... but you will do GREAT!
I love you!

Josh said...

hey, what is this "caved in" stuff??? you should feel like you have just joined a loving, affectionate society.

Unknown said...

Yay! So glad you caved in!!! You need to put up some pics of your adventures! I am so proud of you for taking on the big business world. I always knew you could/would do it, even when you freaked out a bit...ha! But i had my fair share of that. Anyway, I love you and miss you! And also--keep me updated on any good books you read! You know what a nerd I am :)

rach said...

it's about time. what does ms- mean?