Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Viva La Vida

Occassionally a new CD is released that I don't see as a total waste of money. Last week while in L.A. I stopped by the Virgin Megastore and bought Coldplay's new album, "Viva La Vida or Death and All It's Friends." Now this is one CD that is, well, to die for. (Get it? Hahaha...)

Anyway, I feel like this album is my new anthem for the summer. It... is... incredible. When I listen to the album, as I have been 24/7 for the last week, it takes everything I have to not bust a move in the middle of the train station... or something. (Although I'm sure everyone would love to see me "bust a move"--I've heard it's pretty humorous).

I really respect this band (which is aside from my big fat crush I have on Chris Martin, who can be seen in the picture below).

It seems that they can do no wrong--everything they release receives really positive reviews. I personally think it is a mix of musical genious and boldness. They are not afraid to try new things. It's refreshing to have a band break away from the annoying hip hop crowd.

I do not lie when I say every track is amazing. I love them all. Specifically, Death and All It's Friends, Lost, 42, and Violet Hill. But one in particular is my favorite (at least for today). It talks about that 'perfect day' that I think we all hope for every time we wake up. It's called "Strawberry Swing." There is a line in there that I love: "Now the sky could be blue, I don't mind, without you it's a waste of time. Could be blue, could be grey, without you I'm just miles away." Anyway, its a great song.

Whether you choose to listen or not, just know that Coldplay released a rockin' album that is my new favorite.

7 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

I agree... I am actually willing to spend out iTunes gift card on this album. Its so nice to have a really talented band that has clean lyrics, great vibes and where all the band members on not in the tabloids constantly.
This post also brought back memories of the concert we went to... I had a whole new respect for them after that... and hey we like 'em so much they supplied our wedding song!!!
Love you and hope this are well!

rachydave said...

I completely agree with you. It's revolutionary. Inspiring. Breathtaking.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this CD!! It is seriously amazing. Makes me want to drive in the car with you :) Ha. And, brings back good memories of the best concert ever as well.

ms-mclaws said...

I want to ride in the car w/you too lysal. We always have such a good time! I miss my friends!

Rachel and Jason said...

Hooray for blogging Mill Head! I love this version of her, but I love all versions of her:) How's Cali?

Caitlin said...

we have all of the same favorite tracks.... add that to the list sista!!!!! LONG LIVE COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love coldplay too(: And i love specially songs that you love too ! amazing, isn't it.

And this, your posting, was wonderful, i feel exactly the same for the band and the CD. it's just amazing how they can chainge their style without loosing their coldplay sound.

I love coldplay, and i love you for writing this<3 :D