Sunday, August 24, 2008

King's Peak!

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for their comments to my last blog. Last week totally sucked, and being reminded of the amazing friends and family I have been blessed with is a huge comfort. I love you guys.

On that note, I just wanted to report on the awesome weekend I had!! I got to GET OUT and be out in NATURE... which is my most favorite thing in the world. Three friends and I made the 4 hour drive to the High Uintas to begin a 26 mile backpacking trip to the top of King's Peak--the highest point in Utah. (The picture to the right is a picture of the peak, but with snow on it. I didn't get one of the peak from far away, so you can thank google for that image).

I will be the first to admit that this hike was incredibly hard, at least for me. There's something about hiking with a 40+ pound pack and being above 10,000 feet that makes hiking a little hard. I thought I was going to die on the final hour to the top of the summit, which reached an astounding 13,528 feet. My stubborn self was not going to let the fatigue get to me! I MADE IT!!!!
Allie, me, Andrew, and Josh about half-way up to the summit. Almost dying.
A view from the top! This was the type of view I was surrounded by for 3 days. Ah-may-zing.
Proof we made it

Anyway, that was my weekend. It was hard, I am sunburnt, I can't lift my left leg higher than two inches off the ground, and I have a huge pack covered in dust that I still need to unpack...but it was SO WORTH IT.

3 comments:

rach said...

Three words: you go girl.

onprozac said...

AWW Camille!! That's AMAZING! it's like climbing your way back to the skydiving airplane..hahha
Very proud do you :) miss you gill!

chelsea mckell said...

Three words: so incredibly jealous.