Saturday, August 2, 2008

My week

So this week seemed like one of those weeks that would NEVER end. Yes it went on and on my friends. (Lambchop anyone?? Ignore that if you are confused... just a brief reference to a mid-90's childhood TV show.) I seriously feel like last Sunday was months ago. It was a super busy week which means I have a couple fun/exciting/noteworthy/what-have-you things to share.

You know how roadies and super fans follow their favorite bands around the country? Well wouldn't it be cool if the band followed YOU!? That HAPPENED to me this week! I am a huge fan of my brother in-law's band, Good Morning Maxfield, who came to San Francisco to play a show at Berkeley on Tuesday night. And then you know how after a show you always want to hang out with the band? Well I got to do that too!!! They even came and slept at my house. I was living the superfan's dream.
Caitlin and I waiting for the guys to go up

Next, Friday was my LAST DAY IN THE OFFICE!! Seriously I am pumped. I am not officially done till the 8th, but I am one week closer! I have loved my job at PwC this summer, but honestly, I'm totally over the whole "being an intern" thing.

And then Friday I got to go CAMPING, which happens to be one of my most favorite things in the world to do. My ward had a big campout at Big Basin State Park. I had a blast. Nothing beats mountain roads, sitting by a campfire, trees, star-gazing, going for a spontaneous hike at midnight, and waking up to the sound of crickets and a friendly deer having his breakfast. Fantastic.
Oh dear! Ha ha...
Jaymie, Anna, and I in the morning. Sorry, the camping look is never pretty.

After coming home and taking a much-needed nap, I woke up to my most adorable triplet cousins. They are just 3 out of the 6 children my aunt has under the age of 7. They are quite a handful, but probably the cutest kids I've ever seen. I have loved being able to see them often this summer--they could keep me entertained for hours!
Anyway, that was my week. Hope everyone is doing well. Love to all!

3 comments:

Kristy Carpenter said...

it sounds like you had a busy but fun week! and congrats on finishing up your internship. i'll miss being able to sametime you now though.
and i totally am jealous that you got to live the fantasy life of a roadie! i wish that i would have been that lucky at the last concert i went too...i totally would have been ok to have eric hutchinson stay the night at my place ;)

Jenny said...

Camillion? Is it really you? You look wonderful! And, is that Anna Hargadon in the pic with you? We're from the same home town...she's so sweet. I'm glad to hear that life is treating you so well. I've missed you! Come visit us...wilkes2006.blogspot.com - you can see how big our Gracie girl is!

Lindsay Bird said...

Wait you and Jayme? Ha! I totally worked with her last summer! Weird.