Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Day of Thanks

I woke up today with an array of feelings inside--happy, anxious, excited, nervous, sad, scared, longing, and contentment. And then, as I was reading a friend's blog entry, I was hit by a ton of bricks. I have SO MUCH to be grateful for! So that's what I'm writing about... things that I am grateful for today.

The list, which is no where near complete and in no particular order, goes as follows:
- A sister who is honest with me, sincere in her advice, and willing to listen.
- Sunshine
- Music
- A good night's sleep
- Banana pancakes
- A new apartment, with new roommates, and new adventures just waiting to happen
- BYU, and the opportunity I have to be a student here
- My Dad and his wonderful example of what a father should be
- A clean room... finally
- My brother who is coming down to BYU tomorrow!
-
Inspired words
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- A mom who always answers the phone in a cheery voice
- Trials, and the strength that comes from them
- Patience
- My new longboard
- Friends
- The church, and the peace I find through it.
In light of the fact that my friend Kayla's words were so eloquent and perfectly phrased, I will simply quote from her blog. Enjoy!
When I feel like life should be simple, as if one day my textbook will make sense, as if one day I can love again and be loved, as if one day I could dry my family's tears, as if one day I didn't think about the cost, or as if one day I can make a difference in the world...when I feel like life could be that simple, I realize the Maker's Hand and I understand everything, everything is greater than my all... there is a power beyond my best, a power above all the rest.

So when I am weak, when I am down, when I am ready to kiss the ground the Lord steps in. I
can only understand so much in this life. Whether or not I call it fate, misguided hope, unrelenting desire...it will work out in the end. If I follow the Maker's Hand.

4 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

banana pancakes...mmmm...

Kat said...

Oh Camille. Say hello to P-town for me. My new school is a crazy adjustment, but it is going really well. Can I just say that I love your blog? I really do. I appreciate your honesty in everything: the ups, the downs, the in-betweens. You are AWESOME. And you love DMB, so what more could a friend ask for? Good luck with your last semester!

rachydave said...

I too have been feeling that random surge of graditude lately. it's a humbling feeling when you think of all the things we are blessed with.

Rachel and Jason said...

Oh my gosh. I love your friend's words. Seriously, she put all of my emotions into words. I needed to hear and/or read that today. Thanks, Mill.
P.S. We had to put Sadie down yesterday :(