Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tickling the Ivories...

Today I played in my first piano recital in 4 years. Woah! I forgot how nerve racking those things are. It was actually kind of fun though... and I am so glad I took lessons during my last semester. It was good to tune up some of my skills and remind myself why I love the piano so much.

I played two pieces today...
  1. Bach - Prelude #17
  2. Rachmaninoff - Prelude in C# Minor
Both were fun, but I have to admit... the Rachmaninoff was my favorite. I got to play loud and fast... which, come on, is everything I wanted to do when I started as a wee little one. Which reminds me -- sorry mom for all that piano banging for years upon years... you are a good sport.

4 comments:

Looper said...

I love your new picture my dear. And you play piano? dang you keep getting hotter ;)

rach said...

sure does bring back memories! piano used to be my LIFE and now i havne't played seriously in almost five years. gosh, i'm an old married woman now!

B said...

will you give a recital at my Christmas party?

Seriously.

Kat said...

I LOVE the Rachmaninoff. It's really a great piece to play and impress people with, and it's a good one with which to blow of steam when you're upset...all those ginormous chords.