Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Adios Espana, Hello America

MAY THE WORLD WELCOME MS. EMILY REDD BACK TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

That’s right. Emily Redd, one of my best friends in the world, has just returned from her 18 month mission in Bilbao, Spain. She got back last Thursday. After a month of planning with her mom I flew into LA on Saturday, totally catching her by surprise. I… LOVE… SURPRISES! She had no clue, and the look on her face was priceless.

I had such a fun weekend with her and her family, plus the added bonus of seeing Kim Paul, another old friend who may be one of my favorite people in the world. You know the mark of a good friend when you can get together after almost 2 years (in Emily’s case) and 4 months (for Kim) and it’s like you picked up where you left off. I am so lucky to have such good friends.

Some highlights of the trip:
• The DMV in Wittier county, receiving a wonderful cultural diversity lesson.
• Eating out – Panera, Chipotle, Ruby’s Diner. Yum.
• 2 Sacrament meetings… twice the blessings. Yessssss.
• Catching up.
• Shopping.
• Lots and lots of laughing… mostly at old memories, and a few at new ones.
• Walking around Huntington Beach at night. (see pic below)

And last but not least…

DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE… for free! (Thanks to Emily’s dad’s sweet hookups)

The classic Disneyland photo-op
I couldn't resist

11 comments:

B said...

I love your life these days...I wish it was mine.

kendra and jeffrey said...

This is so happy!!

Kristy Carpenter said...

EMILY'S HOME!!! Yay!! How fun that you were able to go surprise-visit her. Looks like you guys had a BLAST!!

onprozac said...

Hi missy!!

OMG you are so cute to surprise your friend.

BUTTTTTTTTTT you didnt tell me you were going to be in LA!!! :(

I'm glad you had fun at all the LA hot spots though!

peace homie G.

onprozac said...

btw I want to be your blog "follower/stalker" but I cant fine the button...

Kimberly said...

:)

Amanda Jones said...

Yea for Emily!
I am a bit jealous you guys got to hang out, especially at disneyland (my favorite place... yes I know I am like a 5 year old!)
It looks like you guys had so much fun!
Someday we, the WHIZ KIDS will get a chance to all reunited!

rachbechep said...

looks like so much fun!
i wish i would have been there with you!!!

rach said...

i agree with B.

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
That's so cool. :)

Elyse said...

EMILY!!!!! I can't believe she's back. And speaks spanish---weird. We need a Wiz Kids reunion ASAP!