Wednesday, February 4, 2009

hey man, slow down.

Recently I've been listening to this Radiohead song called "The Tourist." It's psychedelic, mellow, and incredible. And what's more, Thom Yorke is singing this song to me. Ok, maybe he's not saying "Camille, here's your song," but I do feel like I could learn something from it.

Sometimes I get overcharged,
that's when you see sparks.
They ask me where the [heck] I'm going?
At a 1000 feet per second,

hey man, slow down, slow down.


We live in a world where everything moves at "a 1000 feet per second." It's go, go, go all day long. Well, not for me these days. I have never had so much free time on my hands. It's pretty nice to finally not have to worry about tests, papers, recruiting, etc. and have FREE TIME. But honestly? I've kind of been having a hard time with it. I feel BAD about not being busy every minute of the day... and today I realized that that is a sad thing. I think the Lord has given me this period in my life to force me to sit back and contemplate, to meditate, and to just SLOW DOWN.

And this week I have finally accepted it. I have been able to reflect on all of the things in my life that I am grateful for, that I would like to improve, and how I can help everyone else around me in the meantime. And you know what? I AM SO HAPPY. I have never felt so content and at peace with everything. I just keep thinking... life is too beautiful... why not be happy? Yes, I am getting slightly stir-crazy, antsy, anxious, whatever you want to call it, to start the next chapter of my life and move to San Francisco, but until that chapter comes, and I know it will be sooner than later, I am going to enjoy the moment I have to just SLOW DOWN.

5 comments:

onprozac said...

Hey you. I haven't read your blog in a while and it's good to know that you're HAPPY! haha of course I'm still not done with school, taking some accting classes. but slowing down is really nice. I'm enjoying things a bit more. haha of course having only 2 classes and a car boosts my optimism.

Also...guess what I did...

thatwasintense.blogspot.com

hahhaha we're now officially blog buddies.
miss you scratchy!

onprozac said...

I like how I used "haha of course" twice in the span of 3 sentences.

heart you!

Amanda Jones said...

ohh... I like the halloween roomie picture... we were hot truckers! ha!

But Chris wanted to compliment you on your radiohead shoutout... he is, well, a HUGE fan. He said you need to tape the grammy's since they are preforming.

Caitlin said...

I LOOOOOVE that song!!!! I listen to it over and over again. It's very melancholy and absorbing. mmmmmm. lovely. We should listen to it together sometime.

Angela McLaws said...

Wise words again. . . I'm proud of you. . . see you next week!