Thursday, April 2, 2009

Let your body moooooove

So tonight I went to another Fictionist concert. Ok I know you are thinking "really Camille? How many times are you going to talk about this band and how amazing their shows are?" Well I could do it again (because it was beyond incredible and one of the funnest nights I've had in a while), but tonight I'm talking about a different issue.

I don't understand how when people are at a concert (and I mean ANY concert or musical event) they can just STAND THERE. How do the sounds and energy coming from the amazing artists on stage not MOVE YOU!?!?? How is your toe not tapping? How are you not rocking your head up and down and side to side in time with the hypnotizing beat? How are you not smiling? How are you not jumping up and down while the incredible jam unfolds on stage? HOW ARE YOU STANDING STILL?

As I was rocking out hard core tonight I would look around every once and a while when I would randomly snap back into reality and think all of these questions at the same time. Yeah, I know, lots of questions. Complicated mind. But it's ok, because that complicated mind becomes clear whenever I am listening to music and completely lose myself. Oh the beauty of music.

4 comments:

Lillian said...

Agreed. And the band really was awesome... if you're skeptical, then go and see for yourselves. SO WORTH IT!!!!! Probably the best concert I've ever been to.

Kimberly said...

I know what you mean. Okay, I would totally understand the jealousy by the way. Also, maybe you should send me an email or something catching me up on your life... :)

Sean said...

I'm sorry I keep missing! I really want to go. Be patient!

Kat said...

Yes, you and I are truly kindred spirits...