Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pomp and Circumstance

It's official! I am done in every way with college. Even though I technically graduated in December '08, I walked this last weekend, and I'm so glad I did. It was amazing to be part of something so huge. I feel so grateful to have attended BYU and gain the amazing education it has to offer. Also, BYU has provided me with the opportunity to learn from some of the greatest people in the world with weekly devotionals from President Hinckley, President Monson, other general authorities, and President Uchtdorf and Elder Nelson at our general commencement ceremony. What a blessing.

I also want to give a shout out to everyone who supported me through college, specifcally my parents. Thank you for everyhing--for supporting me both financially and emotionally. I really couldn't have done it without you, and I am so grateful that I have such amazing parents. I love you both!!

So, in closing, au revoir BYU. It's been real.

[Oh also, Russ and I got to graduate together! (I know, cute, huh?) Except he got a fancy black robe and an awesome hood, which comes with getting your Masters. I guess it was TOTALLY worth it. Congratulations, Russ!!! I am so proud of you!]

4 comments:

Rachel and Jason said...

Congrats, Mill Head! I can't believe we're getting so old! I also can't believe how long your hair is! It looks great :)

Caitlin said...

cute!! congrats, you are an inspiration to those of us... who might still be in school... someday, someday. :)

Candace said...

Woot-woot! We totally did it. I cheered really loud for you. Not that you heard me, but I was there supporting.

How was that for the longest 3 hours of your life? But totally worth it. I'll call you this week and we can figure out lunch.

xoxo

Kristy Carpenter said...

Congrats BYU Grad!! You are officially an alum! Woot Woot!