Sunday, July 13, 2008

Freckles

So it's summer, I'm in California, and it's hot. Considering it is Saturday, I thought the most natural thing to do would be to go to the pool. Oh, what a good idea that was. I got to relax after a long week at work, get in some physical activity, and let my skin see the sun--and now, my friends, the freckles are in full bloom.

Now, I don't mind my freckles so much. In fact, I kind of like them--they give me a sort of distinction perhaps. But this wasn't always the case. I hated my freckles growing up. No, let me rephrase that... I loathed my freckles growing up. I used to have this secret wish that I would freckle so much that they would turn into one big freckle, and then I would be permanently tan. I guess I didn't stop to think how ridiculously disturbing that would look. Or, I remember how my kind, elder sister used to tell me how there was this special kind of ointment that if you rubbed it on every night it would slowly make your freckles fade. I tried that for a long time, but the freckles did not fade. It turns out it was just run-of-the-mill alcohol-free facial toner.

The gullible little sister was tricked again.

5 comments:

B said...

i did no such thing. Seriously - i don't remember that at all.

ms-mclaws said...

You most certainly did. YOU just don't remember it, because YOU weren't the one who secretly rubbed toner all over your arms to make your freckles fade. Truly a devastating time in one's life.

And plus, it's my blog, I can say whatever I want...

Kristy Carpenter said...

Every time I come in from being out in the sun I notice more and more freckles on my face. Secretly...I kind of love it. But then at the same time I'm also grateful for my makeup which covers most of them :) But like the saying goes...a face without freckles is like a night without stars!

ms-mclaws said...

hmm... i like that saying! why thank you kristy.

rach said...

funny memories.