Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A girl and her shoes

I've never been one of those girls who shops when they are feeling stressed, happy, sad, angry, or whatever emotion one must use to justify periodic shopping sprees. I would much rather blast my favorite Beatles song in the car, climb a mountain, or do yoga... or something.

These last few days, however, I have been feeling a little off--I'm not sure if it's due to the wearing off of the initial excitement of moving to a new city, being tired, a little homesick for my family, wanting to see my friends, or maybe a little of everything. Either way, I left my office during my lunch hour today needing something.

The huge financial district I work in has "conveniently" placed stores on the first floors of all the high rises; I think it is an evil scheme to lure all the working women during their lunch hours to spend their hard-earned paycheck. Either way, it worked for me.

I decided to "browse" the Franco Sarto store that had a huge "SALE!" sign in the window. I left 10 minutes later with some fabulous black patent pumps, feeling amazing, I might add.

I guess a new pair of shoes is pretty great.

4 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

gotta love retail therapy!
I really feel like I need some... but when you don't have a job... this is something you must skip!ha!
I wanna see a picture of these pumps!

ps. what happened to the background... I am finished that one for you but I need to get the code for you... I will let you know.

Annie. said...

So, so true...it may be a scheme but it works! Just don't get too used to it or you're in TROUBLE! :) Hahah.

rachydave said...

muaha-ha-ha-ha! The old shoe trick!

ms-mclaws said...

I know, right? I only learned from the best Rach :)