Friday, July 18, 2008

Karma Chameleon

I'm a chameleon! I keep changing my background--not because I need to adapt to my surroundings, but because my good friend Amanda is the blog background queen! She makes awesome templates (see them here), and I am her #1 fan.

Speaking of chameleons, do you remember how mean elementary school kids can be? Some of my nicknames were mortifying for an 8 year-old me. Such as, yup, you guessed it, "chameleon." What little girl wants to be compared to a slimy green reptile?!? Or even better, "camel!" Yeah, OK, I like when my name conjures the image of a non-graceful animal that has two humps, an extremely odd shaped face, and an affinity for spitting. I also got "Mrs. Clause" (based off of my last name, of course). This one was not as bad, even though she is a plump, old lady with white hair. But, since beggars can't be choosers, I guess I'd rather be married to thejolly old man who brings presents and joy to children around the world once a year than carry people on my back through the desert.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! I love you...and I'm SO sad you were in Provo and I didn't see you! When do you come back for good?