Friday, November 14, 2008

High Tide, Low Tide

When I was little we went on a trip to California. I was born and had been living in Utah, and therefore wasn't too accustomed to the ocean.

My older sister Brittney and my cousin Megan ran out to put their feet in the water and play with the tide a little. "Wait for me!" I shouted as I gleefully ran after them.

Less than a minute later I was hit by a pretty powerful wave, at least for my size and experience, and got pulled under. When I walked back to my mommy and daddy wanting a hug, all I got was a lot of laughing from everyone. I didn't understand why they were laughing, and to this day I still held a slight grudge when remembering the experience or seeing this picture.

However, tonight I saw this picture and started laughing. Now I understand.

4 comments:

Annie. said...

I had the EXACT same experience, but I was 3 years old. And I thought I was going to die - in fact, I would have if my sister hadn't noticed me and come running to rescue me. Don't worry, I felt the same as you look in that photo. I should dig up MY photo...

Looper said...

um do you know that this picture is perfect?

ms-mclaws said...

haha yeah, it's pretty great isn't it??

rach said...

um...